Monday 21 February 2011

Necessary scum

I’ve mastered the art of grunt.
Watch telly when I’m not out,
looking for thrills with me mates,
playing electronic games
of shoot to kill in dingy malls.
Third generation me
I’m really in short supply.
They need the criminal you see
to justify political policy

If everyone was good not bad
what new laws could they pass
to rob you of all your liberties.
Spat on by bureaucrats
written off by journalists
Social workers, youth workers
Judges, solicitors, ASBO orders.
Me and me mates are an industry
where would they all be without me.

The odd bit a ganja chills us out
but when the bong smokes with crack
we’re up and ready for any attack
Make the news headlines
crucial cultural poverty
selling or pinching gangsta rap
CD’s we got a dream to live.
We’re scum of the earth.
Recruiting ground for BNP

So when me dad’s not in court
And me mum’s out of the refuge
And there ain’t no places in rehab
For the likes of us
We’re hard, we’re bad, we’re necessary
Without us screws wouldn’t have no job
We prop up the pillars of society
So let me take all my liberties
A smokescreen for your every grudge

There’s men out there more clever than us
milking the system of millions of pounds.
It’s them that make loads of dosh when we work
too many hours on the black market
working for people with mansions and that.
What do they do to those fat cats
give them knighthoods and a place on the board
Not a penny spent on establishment fraud
whiles their drugs mess with me head.

No comments: